Help Centre

Help Informations

What kind of help do you need?

illustration of a telephone

Need Urgent Help or Support?

If you are distressed or experiencing despair, try to speak to somebody now.

  • Is there a family member or a friend you could call?
  • Is there a neighbour or colleague who can help?

If you or anyone else is in immediate danger or harm, then please call the Police or Ambulance Service on 999.

Do you need medical or mental health help now?

If so, then it is crucial that you contact the right person - most likely your GP. They will help you to get specialist help. If your GP surgery is closed, their answerphone will direct you to the right place.

Call NHS 111 if you need medical help or advice that is not life-threatening.

Get 24 hour support

If no-one is available when you need help, or you'd like to speak to an impartial person in confidence, you can contact the Samaritans on 116123 for round-the-clock support. You can also contact them by email or letter.

See also the Student Wellbeing Service web pages under 'Support in a crisis' for further information about what to do and what support is available in a crisis in and out of office hours

Further support options

The Student Wellbeing Service offers daily short advice sessions during the week in term-time and also part of the holidays. The advice sessions are bookable on the day on a first-come, first-served basis.
Tel: 023 9284 3466

For more information about this and other forms of support offered by the Student Wellbeing Service and/or to register for support from the service, see the SWS web pages.